The Tech Nation Visa Scheme makes it possible for tech talent from around the world to come and work in the UK’s digital technology sector.
If you need realistic and useful advice regarding Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa then you have come to the right place. We specialise in business immigration to the UK.
FOR BUSINESSES TO HIRE TECH TALENT
Whether you wish to employ a cyber security specialist or an experienced scale-up professional, the Tech Nation Visa Scheme can provide a way for you to access the right talent at the right time to hasten your path to success.
Furthermore, as a UK-based business you are now able to hire teams of up to 5 individuals from outside the EU, allowing you to attract high calibre and high performing teams that have a proven track record of creativity, collaboration and commercial vision.
Eligibility criteria for Tech Nation Talent Applicants
(Exceptional Talent / Promise)
In order to enter the UK through the Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) route you must:
- Be established as a world leader in the field of digital technology;
- Demonstrate the potential to become a world leader in the field of digital technology;
- Be an internationally recognised skilled professional in this field; and /or
- Have the necessary business and technical skills to grow and scale-up technology companies.
Please see below examples of the types of technical and business skills and roles that this visa route is designed for.
*Please note that this list is not exhaustive and we will consider applications from other backgrounds.
Technical skills and Roles:
- Senior DevOps / SysOps engineers
- Senior Systems administrators / engineers
- Data scientists
- Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning experts (AI, NLP, ML)
- Senior cybersecurity experts
- Technical analysts
- Hardware engineers / RFID / Internet of Things
- Senior Front end Developers
- Senior QA engineers
- Compiler experts
- Operating Systems engineers
- Kernel programmers
- Graphics programmers / designers with experience in Mobile graphics engines / DirectX and Open GL
- Senior GPU developers eg. C++, CUDA
- Experienced published mobile developers (Android / iOS)
- Back end developers with senior experience in new technologies such as JVM, and languages such as Scala, F#, C Rust , Python, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, GoLang and Clojure. etc.
- Information Architecture strategy / Chief Technology Officer for business applications with international operations (ERP, CRM, BI, etc.)
Business skills and Roles:
- Experience of taking a tech company through IPO Experience as a commercial / business lead (P&L, growth, sales and distribution strategy in a digital business)
- Experience of scaling a digital product internationally Sector-specific experience eg. payment infrastructure in FinTech / international expansion in EdTech
- Solution sales experts Data and Complexity Academic Experience as a digital product lead (head of product management / development / requirements) SaaS or enterprise sales leadership for digital services Performance marketing experts
- Track record of leading VC or PE investments in digital businesses Experience as C suite in an SME+ (CEO, CMO, CIO) or head of operations for a digital business
If you do not believe you quite meet the criteria but you are able to demonstrate the potential to do so and you have the necessary technical and/or business skills then you will still be able to apply as an Exceptional Promise candidate.
Astons experts will establish whether you meet the necessary criteria to be endorsed for Exceptional Talent or for Exceptional Promise. Applicants will need to specify if they are applying for Exceptional Promise on the application form.
You must meet or have demonstrated the potential to meet one of the two mandatory criteria and two or more of the four qualifying criteria.
Want to know more? Get in touch! Please speak to one of our advisors +44(0)20 7043 6026
UK visa & immigration consultation